Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Valentine's Day (a/k/a VD) 2010

To this member of djv this is the worst of the "holidays". A little too cheesy and too forced for my taste. Over the years it hasn't mattered what my relationship status is when February 14th rolls around, Valentine's Day isn't especially exciting. Would someone help me understand the need to assign a specific day around the US when we show our love for someone. Isn't this something that people are doing more than once per year? Please don't get me wrong. Romance and love are fantastic. However, do we really need to be assaulted by Hallmark, See's and FTD about how to show that special someone that we really care?

For 2010 this djv-er is going to try looking at Valentine's Day from a different perspective (or at least write and speak about it differently). So here goes...

If you read the post from New Year's Eve (2009 is almost over, and 2010 is looking bright!", you remember that one thing this djv-er wanted to accomplish in 2010 was to take an improv class. Well .... I did it. Level 0 (a/k/a The Joy of Improv) for four weeks at The PIT (Peoples Improv Theatre). What an amazing experience with a wonderful group of fascinating and talented folks.

One of the "games" you play in improv class is called "Yes! And". Essentially a person comes out, makes a statement, and their partner has to "yes" it (enthusiastically accept the statement/take it on so to speak), and add something positive to take it up a notch.

While thinking about how to write about VD, it dawned on me ... Let's "Yes! And" it.

You're divorced/single on Valentine's Day. "Yes! And" ....

  1. Sticking to my diet is virtually guaranteed without the temptation of milk chocolate stuffed with caramel

  2. There's time for the next quest in World of Warcraft

  3. My hair will love a time out from gel mousse and the blow dryer

  4. What a great time to start that novel I have wanted to read

  5. Performance anxiety? What performance anxiety?

  6. My friends will come over to help me install shelving (courtesy of Jeff from improv class)

Give it a try! What would your "Yes! And" be for I'm divorced/single on Valentine's Day? Let us know. We'd love to hear from you!

djv

1 comment:

private salon said...

advance upcoming valentine's day wishes for all

Post a Comment